Monday 23 January 2017

Dusk On Princes Street


I reckon this will be the last painting I'll produce for the forthcoming Moments exhibition next month at the Dundas Street Gallery in Edinburgh. It's an Edinburgh cityscape, showing people doing their shopping early one Thursday evening (Thursday being the day for late night shopping in the city). I wanted to catch the bright lights and the energy of the scene as the daylight fades, plus the female figure shown on the video advertising screen at the bus stop.

Moments will feature 60+ paintings by me and my friends Roy McGowan and Colin Joyce. It runs from Saturday 18th to Saturday 25th February 2017. The gallery is easy to find on Dundas Street, which is in the New Town area just a short walk from the city centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment